I would really like to thank you for sports. 2015 was a more than adequate year. You gave us the first College Football Playoff (sans Baylor and TCU fans everyone was content), the best Super Bowl to date, the championship run of the Golden State Warriors, and even did me a favor by letting the New York Mets win the pennant. Now as 2015 comes to a close, I would just like to ask for a few more things, for all of us.
- First and foremost, help us out, Quarterback play in the NFL this year has been awful. If it is supposed to be a “pass-first” league, then at least give us 24 watchable QB’s to satisfy my Thursday, Sunday and Monday needs. And it would not hurt if you gave our elite quarterbacks a few more receiving options because Ted Ginn Jr. and whoever Tom Brady is throwing to these days just ain’t cutting it.
- Santa, I understand you are a giver, but could you please quit giving us bowl games? I love College Football more than the next guy, but 80 bowl teams is tough to swallow. If you just removed all the 5-7 and 6-6 teams I would be even more thankful for bowl season. It is hard enough to watch something called the “Famous Idaho Potato Bowl”, but it is damn near impossible to watch when I see 5-7 records in the “post-season”.
- More nationally televised MLB and NBA games. Santa, I know football is king, but how about a little love for those other 2 sports every one loves? I keep hearing about this Warriors team that has not lost a game since early June, but I can NEVER see them on network television and NBATV is awfully expensive.
- On a more serious note. I have screamed it from the roof tops, ranted to the masses, and begged the powerful, but I have seen no change so I am coming to you, Santa. Destroy or improve the NCAA. Too many athletes have been, and will continue to be, exploited if you do not. The “amateur” NCAA athletes now play on courts and fields with more alcohol and gambling sponsorship’s than your average casino. The NFL gets a lot of heat, but I would take their management system over the NCAA everyday of the week.
- And lastly, could you give Browns and 76ers fans a break? Their teams do not even have to win, just stop them from being so embarrassingly bad and confusing. Give those jobs to another team. The Redskins and Kings feel like deserving teams, just to name a few.
Santa, I really do appreciate sports. As a token of my appreciation I encourage every sports fan to do a little giving this December, including myself. Whether it be time or money, do not hesitate to give back. Do not spend so much time searching for NBA games and watching bad bowl contests that you forget the reason for the season. I truly wish a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to any and everyone who comes across this article.